Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sending Secret Messages with Light (Microteaching)

1) Things I thought went well:
  • asking for verification of understanding of the subject
    • would refresh what needed to be known
  • interactive
  • drew analogies with already known concepts
2) Ways to improve:
I have taught this lesson a few times with my friends. I may have "lost" a student but I wouldn't know because the students kept nodding their head. Asking specific questions on the facts that needed to be known would have allowed me to see whether they knew the subject or not.

3) Reflection on peers feedback:
One peer enjoyed the participatory activity of roleplaying Alice and Bob and thought the involvement was great. However, another peer suggested more participation. The visuals helped to explain the lesson. Another peer thought the material and presentation was very suitable for the topic. All the peers would have liked more theory or notes on the topic. They agreed that the objectives were clear. Quantum cryptography is a difficult topic to understand. I thought this lesson and activity was appropriate for the time and the topic. I prepare some resources and notes for the students after if this was the sole lesson. However, it would be a great introductory lesson or a good activity to reinforce quantum mechanics.

No comments:

Post a Comment