Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Memorable Teachers

Self / Parents: For most of elementary school and up to grade 9, I learned mathematics on my own (besides using compasses in geometry). Since my teachers would not challenge me enough, I would learn multiplication, division from my parents and exercise books they bought me. I would understand the mathematics instrumentally and relationally. The only part of the problem would be I wouldn't be doing math as fast as my friends who were in Kumon. School was for refining my math speed / skills. If I didn't know how to do something, I would ask my parents. The only difficult concept I could not learn on my own was long division in grade 2 or 3 and the base concept in grade 5.

Grade 10/11 teacher: I really enjoyed my grade 10 and 11 IB math teacher. He was very fun and funny. He would promote that math is fun and had a big smile on his face. Sometimes he would make some jokes and tell stories of his past. Sometimes he would make math jokes and math cheers. He's memorable for bringing the parabola dance into the classroom. Most of the students are comfortable with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URziKVxG0kA

No comments:

Post a Comment