Friday, October 2, 2009

Timed Writing: Into the future

After teaching 2000 students....
Maybe you are the worse teacher, the best teacher, the average teacher?

From the point of view of an admiring student:
What a great day in class today. I love Math. Ms. W is right! Math is fun. I love how she shows us all these interesting ways to do and to think about math. I never understood multiplying fractions until now... She showed us a few to think about fractions today! She's always so funny but clear. Also she makes sure we understand b efore we go to the nexxt important step. I'm never lost in that class and I'm very focused. If only all the teachers have this engaging personaility.

From the point of view of a student that hates me
What is the teacher doing? Why do I have a woman teacher for math? All the other teachers in math are men. Math is in the morning and I'm too tired to do math at 8. All I ever hear is blah blah blah, I think I sleep in that class a lot. She likes to pick on students too much. Why does she ask so many questions? Doesn't she know I don't care about this subject? I'm pretty sure she does. She tries too hard. How does she have so much energy in the morning. I wish she'd stop picking on me. That's so embarasing, I don't want to look stupid in class. I don't want people to notice me. I hate math at 8 pm in the morning. Just give me my homework and I'll eventuallyy figure it out. Eventually.... Actually, I hate homework. Good thing she doesn't always check. Why did I get a C last time on my test? I did everything right. I think she just marked it wrong. I hope I can get a petition for the students to fire her... haha. Math is not fun... Math is evil!

I am most afraid of making mathematics boring and having students trying to kick me out of school.

I aspire to be someone that makes math fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment